Autograph of Zorro / Will Dockery & Friends
Will Dockery
2014-01-02 06:40:35 UTC
Autograph of Zorro / Will Dockery, H.F. Conley & M.H. Benders:

Zorro recorded at SoHo 2005 for the Shadowville-Netherlands cross cultural
exchange project:

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -M.H.Benders

Will Dockery- vocals
Henry Conley- guitar
Robert Earl Lowery- bass
Rick Edwards- mandolin
Jocelyn Lammons- backing vocals
Please say this still exists on youtube. Of course I'll award
bonus quatloos for excessive alcohol/substance abuse.
He's deleted the original version and replaced it with one in
which he's not quite as drunk.
http://youtu.be/G64jUD1tRRA
Holy fuck.
"Zorro recorded at SoHo 2005 for the Shadowville-Netherlands cross
cultural exchange project"
The mind boggles. There is no sense of shame here.
Quite coincidentally, I read your post while listening to Nick Lowe
singing "I made an American squirm".
"I made an American stick bradawls into his eyes and ears" would be
more appropriate for a sharer of a Will Dockery video.
The original was much funnier. I have a copy, which I'm willing to
share with students for educational purposes. It's a 22MB .FLV
file.
It took me several minutes to recover from this. Perhaps you can
post this more entertaining version in the s00p3r s3kr1t binaries
froup at DataBasix?
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
I'm referring to the current version on youtube.
There's a current version of DataBasix on the YouTubes???
YHBT, pedantic bastard.
I miss the days when there was a version of DataBasix on Usenet,
befoere Captain Neal destroyed it for ever.
You'll need to be caught in the Edmo Wollkook lawsuit of death like me.
It's still February of 2002 in that Multiverse. I keep praying that his
castle, observatory and airstrip will be completed rilly, rilly, rilly
soon too.
If the .FLV file is inadequate for educational purposes, I probably
also have absolutely no idea how to convert it to .AVI format.
FLV is fine once I can decode the fucker.
<http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html>
I like that player. Works fine.
But (for educational fair-use purposes) I'm willing to create a
[1]high-quality 2-pass xvid/mp3/avi transcoded version and post it to
that sooper-sekrit newsgroup I've never heard of. I'll even share a
copy with him if he's willing to pay me $25.00 for it!
I'll provide it to Will for $24.99. No bidding wars, please.
[1]When I say "high-quality", I'm referring to my work as a
transcoder, not to his work as a performer, obviously.
Will the Dockery Dance be enhanced for the amusement of all? If so, I
really don't see how the whole group won't want a copy. I could just
imagine Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Sammy Davis Jr. spinning at 6000rpm
during that travesty.
After watching that I've decided that if anyone ever calls me a redneck,
it may be the last thing they ever say.
And for a little more trivia, "Zorro" eventually evolved into...
"Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/8798172
Will Dockery
2014-01-02 20:17:35 UTC
Please say this still exists on youtube.
Happy New Year, my friends!

Okay, this one works... "Autograph of Zorro / W. Dockery, H. Conley & M.H.
Benders"... Actually a found piece from 2004, lost for 10 years!

http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12308757?
Peter J Ross
2014-01-03 23:58:01 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 2 Jan 2014 01:40:35 -0500, Will
===[begin_quoted_text]================================================

A person is only a poet if other people call him that. Ever thought
about that? Why do you think nobody in poetry groups think you're a
poet? Because they're all scum and you're not? And what does this have
to do with massively crossposting everything you write?

Dockery, everyone knows that you haven't published a single poem in
your life except on your own website. Everyone knows no one will
remember you for your 'poems'. The only thing people will remember you
by is the irritating spamming behavior you expose online which gives
Americans an even worse name than they already have. All spammers I
have seen so far were all without a single exception Americans. Why do
you think that is? I'll tell you why: because they get the idea
spoonfed in their education that it's their godgiven right to pollute
the world with their 'opinions' - bolstered under the flag of 'freedom
of speech' without any sort of comprehension or reflection what
'freedom' or what 'speech' would be.

Continuously flashing your small weener in public will not make it
grow, Dockery. You're just hungry for attention and there's only one
reason why: you're an empty windbag whose only talent in life consists
of irritating other people. A masochist who just keeps coming back
because he's addicted to getting hit. Your a sad old fuck, and I hope
someone will shoot you soon. The world will be a better place if that
happens.

M.H.Benders

===[end_quoted_text]==================================================
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 09:49:39 UTC
copyright abuse
steals it
Such as the fact that you enabled the copyright abuse of my Zorro video,
which was posted to YouTube without my permission?

Check out "Autograph of Zorro" by Will Dockery & Friends -
http://t.co/60kCTTpCDz
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 10:22:58 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 04:49:39 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
copyright abuse
"Autograph of Zorro"
Your evidence that the copyright owners have given you permission to
post their work goes here:
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 09:32:33 UTC
Since there's no such thing as "the Usenet Poetry FAQ"
Okay, then post a link to where it can be found, then?
--
Check out "Chattahoochee Sunset / Dockery, Mallard & Snipe" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11459910
Peter J Ross

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 10:38:09 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
copyright abuse
"Autograph of Zorro"
Your evidence that the copyright owners
<snip>

That's me, Henry Conley and M.H. Benders, my collaborators on "Autograph of
Zorro", ten years ago.

Just pointing out the fact that it was uploaded to YouTube without my
permission, making it, by your own logic, copyright infringement.
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 10:51:52 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
copyright abuse
"Autograph of Zorro"
Your evidence that the copyright owners
<snip>
That's me, Henry Conley and M.H. Benders, my collaborators on "Autograph of
Zorro", ten years ago.
Was it Conley or Benders who had the video removed originally? Or was
it one of the other copyright owners?

Words: copyright Benders
Music: copyright Conley
Performance: copyright Conley and the other musicians
Video: copyright unknown
Drunken bawling, mumbling and staggering: copyright Dreckery

Whoever it was who had the video removed, do they know that you've
reuploaded it?
Post by Will Dockery
Just pointing out the fact that it was uploaded to YouTube without my
permission, making it, by your own logic, copyright infringement.
Try pointing it out to somebody who gives a fuck.
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 11:09:08 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Was it Conley or Benders who had the video removed originally?
I made the choice to replace the video with a better version.

The video was replaced by a better sounding version, and the songwriting
credits/copyrights are shared by the three of us only.
--
Check out "Gone Too Far / Dockery-Mallard-Snipe" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11596860
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 11:31:01 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 06:09:08 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
Was it Conley or Benders who had the video removed originally?
I made the choice to replace the video with a better version.
Did you ask the copyright owners' permission?
Post by Will Dockery
The video was replaced by a better sounding version, and the songwriting
credits/copyrights are shared by the three of us only.
Ten seconds ago you were claiming to be the sole copyright owner.

Have you drunk enough to be in danger of alcohol poisoning?

Why not unscrew another bottle?
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-09 21:30:04 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
I made the choice to replace the video with a better version.
Did you ask the copyright owners' permission?
I own the copyright, with my collaborators Henry Conley and M.H. Benders.
Peter J Ross
2014-01-09 22:30:10 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 9 Jan 2014 16:30:04 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
I made the choice to replace the video with a better version.
Did you ask the copyright owners' permission?
I own the copyright, with my collaborators Henry Conley and M.H. Benders.
Try not to present your opinion as if it were a fact.

"Heh."
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-10 12:20:22 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
I own the copyright to the Zorro material, with my collaborators Henry
Conley and M.H. Benders.
Try not to present your opinion
You'd like that, eh?
--
Check out "Wobble / W. Dockery & H. Conley" -
http://t.co/lc3OqM0IG1
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 11:39:28 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Ten seconds ago you were claiming to be the sole copyright owner.
You are obviously confused, since the "Autograph of Zorro" project was a
collaboration from day one.
--
Check out "Idle Hour Night / Dockery-Mallard-Snipe" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idle-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 12:07:45 UTC
"Continuously flashing
You accidentally snipped it, PJR:

It all began with the endorsement from M.H. Benders:

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -Martijn
Benders, Kannibaal

And so it goes...
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 12:18:56 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 07:07:45 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
"Continuously flashing
If there's a video in which that's what you're doing, feel free not to
post it.
Post by Will Dockery
"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -Martijn
Benders, Kannibaal
I don't recall anybody else being trolled by that. Benders's attacks
on American poetry were more effective when they were more subtle. Of
course, anybody can troll you, with almost no effort at all.

Have you looked in the encyclopedia to see if "moron" is illustrated
with a picture of you yet? I want to see where the lower limit of
"almost no effort at all" should be set.
Post by Will Dockery
And so it goes...
Humiliatingly trolled by Tosser. Humiliatingly trolled by Benders.
Drunk, unemployable, talentless. Why *don't* you kill yourself,
Dreckster? Surely it's the only sensible thing for you to do?
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 04:14:35 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
"Continuously flashing
If there's a video in which that's what you're doing, feel free not to
post it.
Jim Morrison nailed that stage move over 40 years ago... heh.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -Martijn
Benders, Kannibaal
I don't recall
Stick around, pal, we can refresh your memory... heh.
--
“I would have preferred the happy man to the unhappy poems he's left
us.” -Jack Kerouac

Check out "Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/8798203
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 18:04:26 UTC
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact, you'd
seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your mind or
something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many years. It
actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you posted
it
to YouTube though, right?
Too late, whiner.
It wouldn't be too late if I wanted YouTube to take it down.

I don't plan on sending a complaint to YouTube right now, since the video is
interesting to me after all these years, and I don't have a copy of it handy
right now, it seems.
Are you going to whine about Cujo as often and as hilariously as you
whine about Michael Cook?
No, because as with Cook, if I asked Cujo to take down the video, he would.
If he didn't I know YouTube would since they frown on copyright
infriengement, piaracy and so on, and since the video was posted without my
permission or knowledge, it could be considered one or all of those.

I don't plan to complain right now, but the fact that you avoid my point is
interesting but not surprising, since your hypocrisy about copyright
infriengement is well known and achived here.
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/8798172
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 18:15:47 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 13:04:26 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact, you'd
seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your mind or
something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many years. It
actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you posted
it
to YouTube though, right?
Too late, whiner.
It wouldn't be too late if I wanted YouTube to take it down.
I don't plan on sending a complaint to YouTube right now, since the video is
interesting to me after all these years, and I don't have a copy of it handy
right now, it seems.
And you've proudly advertised it all over Usenet.
Post by Will Dockery
Are you going to whine about Cujo as often and as hilariously as you
whine about Michael Cook?
No, because as with Cook, if I asked Cujo to take down the video, he would.
If he didn't I know YouTube would since they frown on copyright
infriengement, piaracy and so on, and since the video was posted without my
permission or knowledge, it could be considered one or all of those.
I don't plan to complain right now, but the fact that you avoid my point is
interesting but not surprising, since your hypocrisy about copyright
infriengement is well known and achived here.
Whine much, Dreckster?
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 15:35:03 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Whine
Stop your sobbing, PJR... heh.
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2014-01-08 02:19:37 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact,
you'd seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your
mind or something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many
years. It actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you
posted it
to YouTube though, right?
Too late, whiner.
It wouldn't be too late if I wanted YouTube to take it down.
It wouldn't if you decided to change your mind about it.
Post by Will Dockery
I don't plan on sending a complaint to YouTube right now, since the
video is interesting to me after all these years, and I don't have a
copy of it handy right now, it seems.
Some artists allow material to be freely assimilated to all as long as
they get a copy. Want one? I'll gladly seed it in a Dropbox folder for
you to pull down if you lack the initiative to pull it directly from
youtube.
Post by Will Dockery
Are you going to whine about Cujo as often and as hilariously as you
whine about Michael Cook?
No, because as with Cook, if I asked Cujo to take down the video, he
would. If he didn't I know YouTube would since they frown on copyright
infriengement, piaracy and so on, and since the video was posted
without my permission or knowledge, it could be considered one or all
of those.
Piracy? How exactly is this commercial material?
Post by Will Dockery
I don't plan to complain right now, but the fact that you avoid my
point is interesting but not surprising, since your hypocrisy about
copyright infriengement is well known and achived here.
You've published no policy about distribution while posting invites all
over the place.
"I am unlike anyone you have ever met and ever will- don't pigeon
hole me you son of a bitch!" - The Delusional Wollkook
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 15:26:52 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact,
you'd seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your
mind or something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many
years. It actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you
posted it
to YouTube though, right?
Too late, whiner.
It wouldn't be too late if I wanted YouTube to take it down.
It wouldn't if you decided to change your mind about it.
Again, although I didn't expect to be seeing the video to be posted online,
and as an owner of the copyright I wasn't contacted, as you know, I do find
it an interesting bit of history of what was happening a decade ago, as
commented on the YouTube page:
Will Dockery
6 days ago
Interesting historical document from 2004! Credits: Will Dockery, vocals -
Henry Conley & Willie Taylor, guitars - Derundo Jenkins, drums.
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 12:27:29 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -Martijn
Benders, Kannibaal
I don't recall
<snip>

Well that's a reshersher for you memory for you.

Flame wars happen, of course.

After he cooled down, Benders gave me this endorsement: