Les Passantes (The Women Who Pass You By) / Antoine Pol
Will Dockery
2014-01-26 20:42:09 UTC
From Isa Isarielle:

http://fandalism.com/isarielle/cIjF

"Here is my cover of the song "Les Passantes" (The Women Who Pass You By), a
poem by Antoine Pol (1888-1971), set to music and performed by Georges
Brassens in 1972 (album Fernande). The song is about brief "might have been"
relationships that stay with us for ever..."

"Georges Brassens (1921-1981) was a French poet, singer-songwriter who set
to music over a hundred of his own poems, accompanying himself on guitar. In
addition to its own texts, B...rassens also set to music poems by François
Villon, Paul Verlaine, Paul Fort and Louis Aragon. He was awarded the Poetry
Grand Prize by the French Academy in 1967. He recorded fourteen albums from
1952 to 1976. Some of his best-known songs are: Le Gorille, Les Copains
d'abord, Chanson pour l'Auvergnat, Les Amoureux des bancs publics, La
Mauvaise Réputation, Je me suis fait tout petit, Les Trompettes de la
renommée, Supplique pour être enterré à la plage de Sète. I hope you will
enjoy my rendition..." -Isa Isarielle

http://fandalism.com/isarielle/cIjF
Will Dockery
2014-03-01 09:59:23 UTC
RVG, you may find this of interest... if you are still here, C&C perhaps?
--
Check out Idle Hour Night / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idle-hour-night--dockery-mallard