When songwriting collaborators split
Will Dockery
2013-08-10 17:44:36 UTC
I would probably be asleep but feeling the need to sort of secure my
copyright on a certain work that a musician I collaborated with is
threatening.

So I've posted my lyrics in a couple of public places

http://www.reverbnation.com/c/fr5/artist_413260?eid=A413260_18172111_

With this notice at the bottom:

©2013 Poem/Lyric "She Came From Overseas" by Will Dockery, All Rights and
Uses Reserved.

Seems about the right track to take, eh?
Pepe Papon
2013-08-11 05:44:52 UTC
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 13:44:36 -0400, "Will Dockery"
Post by Will Dockery
I would probably be asleep but feeling the need to sort of secure my
copyright on a certain work that a musician I collaborated with is
threatening.
So I've posted my lyrics in a couple of public places
http://www.reverbnation.com/c/fr5/artist_413260?eid=A413260_18172111_
©2013 Poem/Lyric "She Came From Overseas" by Will Dockery, All Rights and
Uses Reserved.
Seems about the right track to take, eh?
If you're really that concerned, then register the song with the
Copyright Office. Put both names on it.
Will Dockery
2013-08-30 10:21:54 UTC
Post by Pepe Papon
Post by Will Dockery
I would probably be asleep but feeling the need to sort of secure my
copyright on a certain work that a musician I collaborated with is
threatening.
So I've posted my lyrics in a couple of public places
http://www.reverbnation.com/c/fr5/artist_413260?eid=A413260_18172111_
�2013 Poem/Lyric "She Came From Overseas" by Will Dockery, All Rights and
Uses Reserved.
Seems about the right track to take, eh?
If you're really that concerned, then register the song with the
Copyright Office. Put both names on it.
We actually both prefer to take our contributions to the piece elsewhere, me with new music and the pianist with new title and lyrics, as was his first move in this situation.

As his note read, in part, to me:

"...Furthermore, I am taking She Came From Overseas and rewriting my own lyrics. Doing the same with the one you wanted to call Swimming With The Clouds. The music is mine. These songs you will no longer have anything to do with. I don't need you nor do I need P****** and all her fabricated drama. You both can s^^^ my d*** but neither one of you are worthy of it..."
Will Dockery
2013-09-06 13:40:01 UTC
An update on this situation finds the song "She Came From Overseas" posted
on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/genewoolfolkjr/she-came-from-overseas

With the credit line: Words and Music: Gene Woolfolk, Jr. & Henry Conley

And no mention of: Lyrics and Vocals by Will Dockery

Which I have added in a "Comment" on the post... most likely to be delteted
when that's found.

So, as posted earlier I've posted my lyrics in a couple of public places

Will Dockery
2013-09-09 18:06:42 UTC
Henry will without a doubt testify to this fact
Judge: Mr. Dockery, since you are asking for damages, could you please
tell
the court how much income you derive from your singing and songwriting
activities?
Glad you asked that.

I play regukar paying gigs such as the Hogbottom festival this month:

https://www.facebook.com/events/165864396919987/

Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars join other Local performers and
bands to play the 1st Annual Fort Mitchell Fire Jam Hogbottom for the Fort
Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department, September 28th.

All Ages

Full Details: http://www.reverbnation.com/show/10873699

I also have a CD for sale through Artemis Records:

http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockery.html

"Shadowville Speedway"

Audio CD

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2014-01-28 19:47:53 UTC
Here's the lyrics & music link to the song I wrote with Gene Woolfolk Jr. &
Henry Conley, I wrote the poem/song and they composed the music.

She Came From Overseas / (Dockery, Woolfolk & Conley) music link:
https://soundcloud.com/#genewoolfolkjr/she-came-from-overseas

She Came From Overseas

Mermaid across the bar
she lives on oxygen
and drives fast cars.
Signs the silver
icons from afar.
On Thanksgiving
leave the door ajar.
Heard the news today
from overseas.
She brought the news
from overseas.

She spoke not a word
just danced and signed
spoke with her mind.
It was late a half a mile away,
could still hear the guitars play.
She brought the news today
from overseas.
She came from overseas.

I have waited for so long
to hear the music of your waves.

It's like the wind
don't be confused.
Open your heart
to the muse.
She read the runes
and played the spoons.
Danced the dervish dances
sang the wicked tunes.
She heard the news today
from overseas.
She brought the news
from overseas.

Come on to the location
got to walk, got to raise the stone.

Mermaid behind the bar
celtic fire she's like a star.
Weaving from the gold
to make the shirts.
Mixing moonwater
with graveyard dirt.
Heard the news today
from overseas.
She came from overseas.

-Will Dockery (poem lyrics)
Gene Woolfolk Jr. & Henry Conley (music)

©2014 Poem/Lyric/Music for "She Came From Overseas" by Dockery, Woolfolk &
Conley. All Rights and Uses Reserved.

Will Dockery
2014-01-18 10:30:03 UTC
For the record and for your own verification that I have rights to use the
material I have posted on Reverbnation, my Copyright Registration for the
colection of songs known as "Shadowville Speedway", several of which are
posted on ReverbNation at:

http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Copyright Information at Library of Congres for the "Shadowville Speedway"
song collection..

Type of Work: Entry Not Found Registration Number / Date:
PAu003501816 / 2008-09-23

Application Title: Shadowville speedway. Title: Shadowville speedway.

Copyright Claimant: Will Dockery, 1958- . Address: P O BOX 7394,
Columbus, Georgia, 31908. Date of Creation: 2008

Authorship on Application: Will Dockery, 1958- ; Citizenship: United
States. Authorship: collaboration of words and music.

Henry Conley, 1960- ; Citizenship: United States. Authorship:
collaboration of words and music.

Pre-existing Material: Words and music for Last Dream Today. Basis of
Claim: All other words and music. Copyright Note: C.O.
correspondence.

Names: Dockery, Will, 1958-

Conley, Henry, 1960-